Things I Will Not Be Doing at the Arizona State Fair


1. Eating chili fries, Superdogger, fried chicken, deep-fried cheesecake on a stick, taco dog, salmon burger, sausage on a stick, pork chop on a stick, anything on a stick, gyro, meatloaf, fried asparagus, fried Milky Way, apple-filled frybread, frozen banana, frybread of any sort, funnel cakes, deep-fried Twinkies, garlic mashed potatoes, deep-fried Mars, anything deep-fried, curly fries, turkey legs, bratwurst, carne asada, Polish sausage, nachos.

2. Participating in the World Grilled Cheese Eating Championship.

3. Riding the G-Force, "a 75-foot giant-swing with the head-spinning centrifugal force of four-Gs" after any combination of numbers 1 or 2.

4. Attending.

Comments

Suzie Petunia said…
Uuuuuck! Zook dragged me to the Washington County fair on the hottest day of the summer. It was shear misery and I vowed never to go again. And I mean it.

A cow pooped about 18 inches in front of my face, and then a very large pig made the most horredous noises I have ever heard for no apparent reason as I walked by. HE wasn't the one being forced to view hundreds of mediocre and wilting 4H projects.

Have fun! :)
Have I told you how happy I am that you're blogging???
Zookeenee said…
It wasn't that bad. I guess I will just have to go by myself next year. It reminds me of what people who ain't city slickers do for fun. Maybe that is what turned me into a borderline carnie. OK, it was a little hot.
Emily said…
NOT attending. I will not be attending the fair this year nor any other.

Zookeenee, it is fun to be friends with such an intriguing and complex character as yourself. I wouldn't have taken you for a carnie. In fact, I just recently learned what that meant. But it makes you all the more amazing that you may be one.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I feel a little exposed here on the worldwide web.
Carly said…
Will you be seeing Beck, at least? I am so mad that I won't. Giving birth really gets in the way of concert attendance.
Melissa said…
oh man. we are not the same. i live for fairs and carnivals and all their yummy food (withstanding the giant pickles).

please clips of your husband's videos with you dancing in the back. I hvaen't stopped thinking about it since i read it yesterday.
Anonymous said…
I'll have to go with Zookeenee--and get some of that fried too.
Emily said…
Mmmm. Fried Zookeenee!

Popular posts from this blog

Change is good

Look what the storm blew in

Who will be the first to call me a liberal?