Friday, August 19, 2011
Monday, August 08, 2011
- Go where you're invited. Steve doesn't believe in this life philosophy, so I've become lax, but I think it's a good rule. This last Saturday I was invited to two events, each of which I did not have much interest in attending, so I didn't go to either. On Sunday I learned that both hosts had had low attendance and felt bad about it and it made me feel horrible. When I was about 8 my mom had a Tupperware party and no one came and she was hurt; even though it was a dumb Tupperware party, she took it personally. So even when I get invited to dumb jewelry parties, I think it's a good idea to make an effort to show up because people are more important than me not being slightly inconvenienced.
- Pay attention to the things you think about while falling asleep/when you wake up for whatever reason/first thing in the morning. Your (my) brain has usually had a chance to filter out the unimportant stuff and whatever is left often provides clarity and new perspective. This is what I thought about this morning when Calvin woke up at 5 AM:
- Make extra sure there isn't a child behind the monster Tahoe when backing up, every time.
- Don't put anyone on the spot in future RS lessons.
- Buy a ticket to North Carolina, baby.