Things I Will Not Be Doing at the Arizona State Fair


1. Eating chili fries, Superdogger, fried chicken, deep-fried cheesecake on a stick, taco dog, salmon burger, sausage on a stick, pork chop on a stick, anything on a stick, gyro, meatloaf, fried asparagus, fried Milky Way, apple-filled frybread, frozen banana, frybread of any sort, funnel cakes, deep-fried Twinkies, garlic mashed potatoes, deep-fried Mars, anything deep-fried, curly fries, turkey legs, bratwurst, carne asada, Polish sausage, nachos.

2. Participating in the World Grilled Cheese Eating Championship.

3. Riding the G-Force, "a 75-foot giant-swing with the head-spinning centrifugal force of four-Gs" after any combination of numbers 1 or 2.

4. Attending.

Comments

Suzie Petunia said…
Uuuuuck! Zook dragged me to the Washington County fair on the hottest day of the summer. It was shear misery and I vowed never to go again. And I mean it.

A cow pooped about 18 inches in front of my face, and then a very large pig made the most horredous noises I have ever heard for no apparent reason as I walked by. HE wasn't the one being forced to view hundreds of mediocre and wilting 4H projects.

Have fun! :)
Have I told you how happy I am that you're blogging???
Zookeenee said…
It wasn't that bad. I guess I will just have to go by myself next year. It reminds me of what people who ain't city slickers do for fun. Maybe that is what turned me into a borderline carnie. OK, it was a little hot.
Emily said…
NOT attending. I will not be attending the fair this year nor any other.

Zookeenee, it is fun to be friends with such an intriguing and complex character as yourself. I wouldn't have taken you for a carnie. In fact, I just recently learned what that meant. But it makes you all the more amazing that you may be one.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I feel a little exposed here on the worldwide web.
Carly said…
Will you be seeing Beck, at least? I am so mad that I won't. Giving birth really gets in the way of concert attendance.
Melissa said…
oh man. we are not the same. i live for fairs and carnivals and all their yummy food (withstanding the giant pickles).

please clips of your husband's videos with you dancing in the back. I hvaen't stopped thinking about it since i read it yesterday.
Anonymous said…
I'll have to go with Zookeenee--and get some of that fried too.
Emily said…
Mmmm. Fried Zookeenee!

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the storm blew in

It's a revelation thing

Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?