We saw on the way here: two grizzly bears by a river

Place: Cardston, Alberta

Population: the motel desk clerk thinks maybe 1000 people

Restaurant that came highly recommended from same motel clerk: Grotto's ("It's Mexican," she told me, "and I've been there five different times and had five different things and they're all good.")

So we set out for Grotto's expecting: Mexican food, no matter that we are across the OTHER border

What the Grotto's sign said: Pizza, Chicken, Burgers, Steak

We asked someone on the street: "Is there a Mexican restaurant nearby?" thinking that of course we came to the wrong Grotto's

His reply: "Right here. It's the closest to Mexican we got in this town, honey."

We ate at: Grotto's

We got: a Guatamalan Filipino burger and pizza joint with pirated movies on a big screen tv

My kids chose to watch: Over the Hedge

We ate: Guatamalan food, Filipino food, and Canadian pizza

What we did not eat: Mexican food

We paid: essentially one US dollar for one Canadian dollar

Food was: mediocre

Kids are: not going to bed in an obedient manner

Last comment was: unrelated to anything in this post

I am feeling: better, thank you

Comments

Andelin said…
I'm glad you're feeling better. That's hilarious about the "Mexican Food". Must seem especially strange from a native Arizonian. But it must be so gorgeous! OH, I envy you guys the scenery there! Take lots of pictures! I'd love to see some trees(that aren't next to a cactus). Enjoy!
Heidi said…
Emily: did you get a picture of the Grizzlies? -Andrew
Anonymous said…
Ohhh. I wish I was there with you. I assume and hope nobody is sick. AG
Sarah said…
Hooray for Canadian Mexican Food.
Courtney said…
Too funny. There is a mexican place down the road that I keep thinking we should try but I'm sort of afraid to try it in case it is horrible and makes me homesick!

BTW, I totally feel you on the bad sleeping.
Jord said…
Ha! My high school boss was from Cardston and kind of a strange guy. I guess if he could never get a decent Mexican meal that explains why.
Anonymous said…
GuataFiliCanexican food is my favorite!

Are you feeling better?
Jocelyn said…
Reminds me of the worst mexican food Jason and I ate in Ohio many years ago, I couldn't eat the food and I actually like Taco Bell, that's how bad it was!
Hopefully Canadian food got better, and easier to define.

Popular posts from this blog

Change is good

Who will be the first to call me a liberal?

Look what the storm blew in