Memo to Henspig


Nutty Norse whaling allusions continue to haunt my every waking thought. Never mind that my brother called it bullcrap. It doesn't matter that some might say, "Henspig Trace? Crap gent, he is." I know you must know what you're talking about. I think you are a phat yap hybrid.

When my husband wanted to know the origins of a word--voile!--you delivered. I was intrigued by your vivid analysis of the battle between Germanic barbarians and Roman legionaries. I've actually studied that battle a bit, and it is fascinating--even, flabbergasting, if you will--that the bitter north won. Bring gassy, moldering whale carcasses into the equation, and we have one fine bit of etymology on our hands.

So thank you for your input, for livening up my humble, run-of-the-mill blog. Of you a father could surely say, "You are a damn dear son." I can confidently presume that you are a cool gamer, icily answering the perplexing questions of bloggers the world over.

Dr. Trace, you remain an international man of mystery. I'll be seeing you on Wikipedia!

Kindly,

Emily

Comments

Anonymous said…
That confused me.
Anonymous said…
OK you explained it, a little, but...WHAT?
Emily said…
Henspig Trace, it turns out, is
Stephen Craig.

The rest is kind of a joke meant mostly for him. (Anagrams of his friends at work, etc.)

Phat yap hybird to Steve today.
amyegodfrey said…
Steve-Happy birthday, Feliz Cumpleanos, Gratulerer med dagen, & Frohlicher Geburtstag to a wonderful member of our family!
Suzie Petunia said…
Yah, I was feeling "out of the loop" there for a minute. I'm glad I wasn't the only confused blogger.
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday to Henspig. We hope your day was wonderful and maybe even flabbergasting.
pepper said…
Emily and Steve, Happy Birthday to both of you. (Sorry I am late in this comment/greeting.) What a perfectly matched and amazing couple.

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the storm blew in

It's a revelation thing

Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?