Free money


My sister Sarah told me to do this years ago, but I finally got around to it today.

I signed up with Upromise. It's pretty easy. They just had me link my credit cards and grocery store cards to my Upromise account, and then when I spend money at participating places, including a lot of online websites, they'll give me a percentage of the sale back into the account for my kids to spend on college. The money can sit there in a non-interest bearing account, or I can link it to the kids' 529 plans, and it will be invested. I really should have done it a long time ago.

For those of you who have been accumulating free money doing this for a while, I have some questions. Specifically, have you been able to earn significant cash or is it more like $3.74 over the course of 7 years? Regardless, I think it's way legit, so I am encouraging everyone out there who comes upon my little blog to sign up with Upromise so that all the purchases you make anyway can give someone (yourself or a child) a little bit of a kickback to go toward college expenses.

And if there's anyone out there who would be willing to link their purchases to my kids' accounts, I'd be most honored to accept.

Comments

AliceK[i]ND said…
I signed up for Upromise almost 6 years ago. To date I have accumulated $90.79. It's not much, but it didn't cost me anything. Actually, I forgot about it for about 5 years, until recently, so I probably would have done better if I had been updating my info, and keeping up with it.
AliceK[i]ND said…
And I have mostly used mypoints.com for online purchases... it's a more immediate reward, and I'm kind of selfish. :)
Anonymous said…
I have not checked my account for a long time, but about 3 years ago, my balance was about $11. If you are going to shop online, you have to log on to upromise and go through their links to get the rewards. I never think to do that. I am going to check my fat account right now.
abby said…
I'm gonna do it.
Anonymous said…
how come i keep getting error messages when i send you email? thanks for the cd!

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the storm blew in

It's a revelation thing

Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?