10. Lloyd, or is it Floyd, Landis won the Tour de France, but apparently he has trouble walking across a room. Pain was his motivator to push himself. Huh?
9. I was really, really counting on Coronado/San Diego to be COOL this weekend, as in temperature-wise. Oh, but it was not.
8. My brother references South Park as a springboard for an earnest discussion on Mormonism.
7. We were guests in the home of a person with whom my husband has a very unusual relationship...his boss.
6. An airline can make two pieces of checked baggage disappear into thin air, even on a 45-minute direct flight. Truly amazing.
5. I had no idea how lost I would feel getting ready for church this morning without a brush, blow dryer, single piece of make-up, eyeglasses, favorite bra, Shade Clothing tees in assorted colors, cute black dress I bought in a boutique in Portland, contact case, nail clippers... I could go on. And on. And on. I had no choice but to curse the incompetence of the airline employees, and then cry.
4. When I parked our car at the airport on Thursday ==> half tank of gas. When we got in it to drive home Saturday ==> almost completely empty. Were we the victims of a senseless siphoning crime?
3. Apparently people knowingly sign themselves up to work and live on aircraft carriers. Excuse me, but I toured one yesterday and it is the pits. Noooooooo, thank you. Uh-uh.
2. My nieces start school tomorrow and their school is not on a year-round schedule. (Or is it?) (Good luck on your first day of kindergarten, Gracie! Try not to focus too much on the fact that it's still the middle of JULY.)
1. Valuable tip I picked up from the most lavishly wealthy person I have ever met: buy bags of ice at Sonic.