People are lovely

My friend, the beautiful and talented Mindy, asked me to help put together a silent auction to be held at a benefit concert in February to raise money for our friends, the courageous and beloved Stephanie and Christian. I am most happy to do this (with the help of my fantastic, newest friends Jenny and Kristen) because I'm not crafty and I don't really have anything tangible to donate, but I am a pretty good organizer, and this is something I can do!

I've already hit up some family members and friends who have most generously agreed to donate items for the auction, but we can always use more. If anyone wants to give something, please let me know and we'll talk. It can be anything of value: tickets, crafts, services. And it can be big or small.

Also, if you live in Utah, you can buy the wonderful things in the auction! The concert will be at the Covey Center for the Arts on Center Street in Provo on Monday, February 2nd, starting at 7 pm. The auction will be out in the lobby beginning at 6:15 and lasting until about 20 minutes after the show. Get tickets here, or just show up to bid at the auction, even if you can't stick around for the concert. Here are some intriguing pictorial clues to just a smattering of the many things that will be up for sale that night:
















Comments

Sarah said…
Ooooh, such good stuff! I better get crackin'.
Carina said…
And I am giving away a cake!
Amy said…
Emily, I'd love to send one of my handmade bags. can you email me your address? And I'll email back a picture too. calicokids@maine.rr.com Nie and Courtney are an inspiration and I'd love to give back.
Sarah said…
Who's the autographed picture of?
Emily said…
Carina, I want to buy that one.

Amy, absolutely! I just emailed you. Thanks.

Sarah, you've already forgotten Brooke White?
abby said…
ooh, i want the brookester photo.
Sarah said…
Wow! I didn't even recognize Brooke. I'd like to bid on that one.
Jord said…
I love it. The donations, the kindness, the organizer. I wish I was there to buy something...
Andelin said…
It's true that you are good at the organization, planning, advertising, etc. Good job, Em!

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the storm blew in

Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?

What can brown do for you?