My weekend

The kids and I spent a lovely Friday night and Saturday in Sedona, compliments of the lovely Alice DeWitt and her family. They have access to all kinds of cool vacation spots, and were kind enough to invite us to visit beautiful Oak Creek Canyon with them last weekend. Thank you, Alice!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Sedona scenery -- it doesn't get much better, anywhere -- and the company was fantastic: Sarah and Mark, Alice and Jay, and my long-lost cousin Karalee and her husband, not to mention a whole array of playmates for the children.

Sarah took these great pictures of Isaac. I love them!



I so need to get some mad photog skills and a camera that captures colors this vividly. Marveloso.

I had a strange twisted ankle episode while we were at the Creek. I twisted it, it hurt, then it didn't hurt for 4 hours, then I got in the car to drive home and it hurt like the dickens, then I picked Steve up at the airport and I couldn't walk around the car, then I went home and called everyone I know looking to borrow some crutches because I could not put any kind of pressure on my foot, then I cried, then I took some Advil, then I went to sleep, then I woke up and it didn't hurt and now it hasn't hurt since. Hmmm. I'm very happy about that part.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a charmer! Great photos, Sarah.
pepper said…
What pretty colors in the pictures. I hope that your weird foot thing doesn't come back. Sounds like you had a fun weekend though.

I think we will be in AZ in September. Yeah!
Chelle said…
I've had that EXACT experience with my ankle. I rolled it carrying my daughter down some stairs. At first it wasn't so bad, then for a few hours it was unbelievably painful...I couldn't put any weight on it. Then I took some advil and a bit later it was totally fine. My husband thought I was crazy.
So, my point is that if I'm crazy because that happened, I now know I'm in good company. ; )

p.s. Those pictures are amazing. so vivid.
Neil and Diana said…
I hope your ankle doesn't hurt anymore.
Emily said…
Pepper -- I hope I get to see your beautiful self in September!

Chelle -- Good company, indeed. That is weird!

Darling Diana -- It is perfectly perfect. Thank you so much for your well wishes.
Jocelyn said…
Sounds like a fun get together, but I think you are one family short of a full house. Hopefully there was at least one "shout out" to the long lost California Kings absence. Miss you all!
Emily said…
Jos, of course your family came up many times! We wish you could have been there! How are you?
AliceK[i]ND said…
Emily,
I'm so glad you could come... wish Steve could have. So sorry to hear about your ankle! I had no idea!

Jocelyn,
I wish you could have been there! I miss you and wonder why I haven't heard from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the storm blew in

It's a revelation thing

What can brown do for you?