- loves presents
- loves packages in the mail
- admires classy presentation of said presents and packages
- likes using nice beauty products
- but spends almost zero time researching them so doesn't know what to buy
- appreciates advice about makeup application or hair or skin care
- loves to try new products, as in, gets really really bored using the same things all the time
- likes luxurious stuff
- likes to feel pretty
- would just as soon other people pick out cosmetics/beauty products for you
- likes to try something out before committing large amounts of money
THEN, perhaps you would enjoy this beauty product subscription service I've found. It is in my top 5 of favorite things. I love it mucho mucho.
It's called Birchbox (birchbox.com). You sign up for however many months you want, and for $10/month, they send a darling little box full of high-end beauty samples. Sometimes you can use a sample 4 or 5 times, sometimes it will last months and months (no kidding). It is seriously great. I got a box today, and that's why it's on my mind. It had a NARS highlighter, BareMinerals mascara, a moisturizer sample, a face exfoliator, and some dark chocolate. All awesome. In months past, I've discovered some new products that I love (mostly hair care products or moisturizers are the things I'm most likely to purchase after trying). It is seriously fun for my bathroom cabinet/makeup bag to get a recharge every month with high-end stuff I would never otherwise try.
This sounds like I'm trying to sell you something. Totally not, I get nothing. I'm not even linking to the website so as to let you know I will receive nothing if you sign up. Just wanted to share what I'm totally loving right now and what is fantastically great at adding sunshine to my life. Love it.