Peace, and that is meant to be an inside joke for Diana's sake


I ought to be upstairs making dinner, but instead I feel compelled to share the events thus far in my day.

I spent the morning in my pajamas talking on the telephone, mostly about this beautiful young lady.

Two children in two separate and distinct episodes thought it would be fun to go in the garage and get a three-foot-long fluorescent light tube with which to sword fight and/or bang on the stairs. Thousands of pieces, lots of vacuuming. Twice.

I unearthed from a box the red binder in which I tried to record as a young woman, aged 16-21, each and every date I went on. It is truly fascinating. Who with, what we did, how long, if we kissed. I went on a lot of dates. I didn't count, but I easily went out with more than 100 different guys in those five years. I may not have a journal or scrapbooks or a record of my life, but by golly, I know who I went out with and whether the guy was a cheapskate and that my mom was pretty lax about curfews. My posterity can have it published after I die. Aren't you curious to know more? It's fun to remember all those dates, but boy, am I glad I ended up with the above-pictured fellow.

I called to set up an interview for an Ecclesiastical Endorsement to take classes at BYU. I sure thought I'd never do that again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You ended up with the best of the best, for sure. Steve is a prince! AG
Jocelyn said…
So come on now -how many out of those hundred did you kiss? Just kidding, a good girl doesn't kiss and tell. We're glad you ended up with Steve also, you guys are fun to be around.
Anonymous said…
It's a good thing I didn't find that book in the jealous days of our early marriage -- I probably would have made you throw it out with the baseball shirt of what's- his-name (you know, the one you used to sleep in till I found out you got it from some guy).

I had a similar experience when I was organizing the garage. I found some letters we had written to each other when we were engaged and first married. Jealousy wasn't the only feeling flowing at the time. (I would have blogged about it if I had a blog.) I love you.
Anonymous said…
Fleeg on. Steve, isn't it good to know Emily shopped around before choosing the crème de la crème? Emily, good for you, re BYU! Are you looking at finance classes?
-Diana
Sarah said…
Steve, jealous? It's a whole 'nother side of him we don't see (or never saw).
Anonymous said…
Emily, can you please re-send me your address? I must have deleted it before i went on vacation. Sorry itis taking so long to get your free time sent, sheesh!
ellars101@aol.com
Anonymous said…
THat is so funny Emily. I would love to see that book! I cleaned up glass today also. A baby food jar. Did you curse when the glass broke at your house? Um...I didn't either.
Jaylee Draney said…
I have a friend who teaches at the Blissful Living studio down here in Mesa. She has a blog, and last week had posted something about a woman named Stephanie Nielson being involved in an accident. I visited Stephanie's blog and read through some archives, and came across a picture of you. I though you looked familiar, and I found out that the name attached to the picture was Emily, and the last name Craig popped into my head. I realized that you were Steven Craig's wife, whom Clint served with, and I located your blog. Clint and I met you both once many years ago. Long story short, I think Clint would love to e-mail your husband and catch up. Do you mind sending me his address to jaylee@draney.com? Weird, I know. I'm don't enjoy the fact that blogs are a medium for old acquaintances to pop up out of the blue, but I would appreciate it this one time. Thanks!
Jennifer said…
Emily--
What classes are you taking? I'm totally jealous that you're back in the BYU bubble--a wonderful place to be! Good for you. I don't know how you manage w/all your little ones. You must have the Amye knack for serious multitasking.

Important question: In all your research, did you come across a date w/a guy named Kelly in one of your BYU FHE groups? (I'll reserve last name b/c who knows where this will end up, poor guy.) I dated him a bit my freshman year, then ran into him on campus after I was married. We got to talking and he said you were in his FHE group and that he thought you were cute/cool (of course, who didn't?) I never ran into him again, but always wondered if you two hooked up. I must know. It would be freakishly freaky if we ever went out w/the same guy. Kind of like that Seinfeld episode wherein George and his mother were both "out there." What a great idea to keep a dating journal--that's something your posterity will actually enjoy reading, unlike most of the stuff we all write, trying to make ourselves sound spiritual and wise. Sorry for the long comment, but the critical information is needed.
Emily said…
Jen, I am so intrigued that you talked to a guy named Kelly about me! I honestly don't remember any Kellys in my life, but I need more info! Please email me his last name. emilygcraig@hotmail.com
Emily said…
Wait! Did he work at the BYU Bookstore?

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the storm blew in

It's a revelation thing

Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?