My son has a pretty bad rash on his arms, so, in trying to think what could have caused it, I remembered that a few days ago he was in the front yard, pulling leaves off of bushes and trying to make a bird's nest with them. Then I remembered that some of the plants in our front yard are poisonous, so I went directly online to see if touching oleanders=rash on skin. And what did I find out about that oleander shrub?
"All of its parts are very poisonous. For example, one leaf is enough to cause death."
"The characteristic poisoning symptoms are as follows: nausea, vomiting, accelerated or retarded heartbeat, and cardiac arrest."
"So powerful is this poison that a single leaf of an oleander can kill a child. And, many people have died merely from eating steaks speared on oleander twigs and roasted over a fire."
"TOXICITY RATING: High. Ingestion of even small amounts can kill."
Oh. My. Gosh. Why has nobody told me this before?
That plant is so outta here. I may not sleep well until it is gone.