Thursday, April 02, 2009
How well do you know my husband: Happy homemaker edition
1. Hypothetical: Steve has a couple hundred dollars at his disposal to spend as he pleases. Which of the following is near the top of his wish list?
a) a new suit that fits well
b) an ice cream maker
c) surround sound
2. Which of the following is a goal that Steve spends a decent amount of time thinking and talking about?
a) learning to make homemade yogurt
b) retaking that physics class that overwhelmed him in his undergrad days
c) mastering the John Denver anthology on his guitar
3. When the sun is shining, which of the following is Steve most likely to be doing?
a) pulling weeds in the yard
b) laying out
c) making Sunday dinner in the solar oven
4. Just about every night before he goes to bed, Steve:
a) gets a loaf of whole wheat bread started in the bread maker
b) watches the evening news
c) calls his parents to chat
5. The kids know daddy really, really loves them when he:
a) plays catch with them in the backyard
b) makes whole wheat pancakes from scratch on Saturday morning
c) works on finishing that go-cart (aka "Death Machine") sitting in the garage
6. If Emily were to, say, wipe down the kitchen counters, a somewhat likely mess she could find the next day might include:
a) tools from fixing that pesky leak in the faucet
b) sound recording magazines left out
c) flour that spilled out from the wheat grinder
7. Choose the best option for what Steve is most likely NOT doing on a Sunday morning:
a) poring over the lesson he is to teach n church
b) ironing the boys' shirts, and my clothes, too, if needed
c) putting dinner in the crockpot
And that concludes today's quiz. Please check your own answers, giving yourself three points for every answer that falls in the Happy Homemaker category.
16-21 points -- Congratulations! You really know him! You are invited over for some fresh, hot bread, anytime.
11-15 points -- You are a good friend, but you might make the mistake of inviting Steve to play basketball sometime, or even worse, to go shopping. We've all made that mistake at some point, don't fret.
10 or fewer points -- Did you pick John Denver or the evening news? Tsk, tsk. He is not who you think he is. Also, read the title of the quiz next time.