January perk


I'm in love with Turbotax.

I thoroughly enjoy filing taxes.

It is reconciliation, completion, organization, exact science.

I procrastinate other tasks so I can sit in front of the computer for hours at a time entering the data.

Even though it is contrary to fiscal wisdom, I try to overpay taxes throughout the year, so I can always anticipate a small refund. A refund, though, is not necessarily why I look forward to tax season so.

I put some of that money toward the kids' college funds. Some will go toward a vacation this year (hopefully Hawaii). Steve and I will each get some cash to blow on things we've been wanting for a while. A nominal amount will go in savings, so I feel like we're making progress toward a down payment on a bigger home. We will not pay tithing, because we already paid it.

I enjoy receiving tax forms in the mail and wish they were required to be sent out before January 31.

I will help you do your taxes, if you ask me, but it will not be as fun for me as doing my own.

Comments

Suzie Petunia said…
You are a sick, sick woman.

I leave the filing to Taylor and he does a nice job of it (I can only assume). I like over-paying taxes, too, because I have no fiscal restraint - the government is kind enough to act as my very own savings account.
Anonymous said…
except the government is using your money and not paying any interest. but i know what you mean.
AmyJune said…
As frugal as I am, before I married my accountant husband who takes care of all painful things of that nature(and thoroughly enjoys it-maybe you should have been an accountant), I actually paid H&R Block $90 to do my taxes each year because I absolutely abhorred doing them.
Anonymous said…
I am going to say two words, and that's all I'm going to say:

Dave Ramsey
Emily said…
Abby,

I'm afraid I'm going to need you to say more words.
AliceK[i]ND said…
I've been in love with Turbo Tax for a few years myself. Hubba hubba.

Popular posts from this blog

Look what the storm blew in

I figured out a title: This post is more about race than it is about politics