I think therefore I Em


Steve and I just got done watching What the Bleep Do We Know?! about quantum physics and philosophy and God and rabbit holes. Anyone seen it?

Mostly I just wanted to use the title of this post, which is how my Arizona-born husband pronounces the Descartes theory.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I haven't seen the movie, but I know that mainstream scientists for the most part hate hate hate it.

Apparently, the three filmmakers are disciples of Ramtha, the 35,000-year-old warrior-god who lives inside of a 60-year-old woman from Washington State, so you may well ask what the bleep do they know.
Emily said…
Thanks for the link. That framework explains a lot. It was clear that the filmmakers had a not-necessarily-scientific agenda, but I thought the information was thought-provoking (thought being the essence of everything, no?), if a little convoluted. There were some valid points. Much of it was The Secret-esque and quite New Agey. But worth seeing.
austinmcraig said…
I heard they're all crackpots. Just sayin'.
Anonymous said…
I thought it was interesting.... making me consider things I would not if left to my own mind. I am particularly provoked by the connections between brain chemistry and faith. :) Always good to stretch yourself, I think, and be aware of how culture is influencing us and those around us.

Rochelle
Emily said…
Rochelle, I also liked that part. I think there must be some truth to faith altering chemical composition.

Popular posts from this blog

Change is good

Look what the storm blew in

Who will be the first to call me a liberal?